Sunday 26 August 2007

At last it begins....

After years of wanting to start one, Years of reading other peoples and years of being behind the rest of the techno world I have finally decided to start and hopefully continue to update my very own blog. As my blog title indicates I am not too unlike an alcoholic or drug addict and can only live a happy and everyday life with my Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Submission grappling or Muay Thai training. I like many other people have been training in Martial arts for the large portion of my life and took the same route as probably 90% of martial artists with a few Karate lessons at the local YMCA then proceded to plough my way through many different Martial Art styles with a feeling of incompleteness or lack of faith and trust in what I was practising, Until I discovered Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)!. It was 3 years and 1 month ago that my Martial Arts path would change forever and take me on a journey that has truley changed the person I have become and open my eyes to a such a powerful vision that I can never return to my roots.... Sounds crazy I know and the majority of people will never truley understand what a loyal follower of BJJ will be talking about or find it impossible to understand why getting so excited about spending 3-4 days a week rolling around on the floor with another man and the resident female is all about but I tell you this, There is no better feeling than applying a technique on a resisting partner and feeling the sweaty palm of their hand tapping on the closest part of your body..!!

No comments: